Kenneth Martin and is known for his kinetic and constructivist work. A sculptor and painter as well as printmaker, he led the way for British Constructivism along with his wife, Mary Martin and Victor Pasmore. The latter is currently receiving a retrospective at Pallant House in Sussex. He exhibited widely during his lifetime and established an international reputaion for his work. He studied at Sheffield school of Art and the Royal College of Art, later becoming a lecturer at Goldsmiths College of Art from 1946-47. In 1975 Martin was given a retrospective at the Tate and this print, Rotation Frankfurt III is from a series of four prints complete in 1977, the same year of his traveling exhibition withe Arts Council, and all of which are now held in the Tate collection.