Zuleika Gallery is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal data. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on 25 May 2018 and any other applicable data protection laws, this policy sets out the basis on which Zuleika Gallery (the ‘Controller”) processes any personal data that you give us or which we collect from you, when: you purchase a work of art from us, or consign to us; attend any events organised by us in our Woodstock or London galleries or off-site; contact us directly by telephone, email or post; visit or our website, or sign up to join our mailing list.
In this policy, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means Zuleika Gallery, a company registered in England and Wales with No. 09522048 and ‘you’ means the individual to whom the information relates; information means personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
We aim to ensure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and kept up to date. To assist us, please email us at: email@example.com if any of your personal details change and we shall promptly correct our records.
What and how we collect information about you
- Your name
- Your contact information such as postal address, email address and telephone number
- Only if required, your payment details/financial data ie your bank name, account number and sort code;
- Information related to your attendance of and interest in events, art fairs and exhibitions, information about you that you give to us in person at our events, art fairs and exhibitions or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise;
- Information collected when you sign up to our mailing list.
- Information in relation to your purchase of/interest in our artworks or use of our services.
- We do not knowingly solicit personal information from under 14 years of age. If you are under 18, you are not allowed to provide us with personal information, unless you have your parent/guardian’s permission.
What we do with the information we collect
We use your details to:
- Provide you with information about our services
- Keep you informed about artworks, artists, exhibitions and events that we think you may find interesting
- Communicate with you on art-related matters
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- For security and to confirm your identity
The information is also used in the administration of our website and for internal operations (ie troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes)
Legal basis for processing personal information we collect
We process your personal information:
- For the performance of contracts to which you will be party and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
- For the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us. These include: collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; and/or to make sure you receive updated information on our business activities via electronic marketing communications (you can unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained in each marketing communication); and/or to enable us to provide the services you have requested;
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which you are subject
- In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time, unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Sharing your personal information
Except as expressly set out in this policy, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide us with may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers (eg shippers, framers) or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our artwork or services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so.
At any time, you have the right:
- To request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- To amend your personal data, if you consider that the information we hold is inaccurate;
- To withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- To ask us to stop or start sending you marketing communications about our exhibitions, events, art fairs and works of art. You can unsubscribe at any time by
contacting us: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will retain your personal information only to enable us to record and respect your wishes not to be contacted for marketing purposes.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 113.
How long we will keep personal information
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out in this policy or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. For example, under the terms of the anti-money laundering regulations (Fifth Money Laundering Directive) which came into effect on 10 January 2020, we are required to keep a record of any Customer Due Diligence information we obtain on customers for a period of five years from the completion date of the transaction.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Zuleika Gallery uses the Artlogic database to document client details. Artlogic uses the latest cloud infrastructure to protect this data. It is atomised and encrypted across a sophisticated cloud system that is fully resilient. The data is encrypted in transit using 256 bit TLS v1.1 or v1.2.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. If you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps us to analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used and helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website. The information is only used for statistical purposes.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com or call us on 020 3903 6393.
Changes to this policy
We encourage you to check this page for any changes to this policy in the future. Any changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.